I love candles, matches and fire. So naturally I would have candles and matches lying around and honestly, matchboxes gets the job done but just isn’t pretty enough. The creative/vain person in me sought a remedy that. I took to Pinterest and found this pin from The Burlap Bag. Unfortunately I do not have STRIKE ANYWHERE matches. So I thought of a way to go around that problem. It turned out to be a cute and simple idea/project.
- Mason Jar of your choice
- The original matchbox the matches were in
- Pencil, scissors, small piece of paper, glue
- Place all matches in jar and cut off the strike-able parts on the original box in to (roughly) 4 strips.
- Because I used the elite collection mason jars from Balls, there were already designs on the canning lid. I found something that was the roughly the size of the circle (that was on the lid) and traced that on to a small piece of paper.
- Cut out the circle and glue the cut strips and then remove the excess hanging off the circle.
- Glue the strike-able circle on to the lid and you’re done!
NOTE: I felt safer with a completely closed lid although the original idea is very convenient. I love fire but I don’t want unnecessary accidents to happen…